Race Name: Rinnai 250 (Race 2 of 33)
Venue: Atlanta Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Date: February 23, 2019
Results: Cole Custer: 2nd | Chase Briscoe: 15th
– Cole Custer: 5th; trails points leader by 23 points
– Chase Briscoe: 14th; trails points leader by 48 points
Cole Custer / Jacob Companies Ford Mustang Recap:
– Qualifying was canceled due to inclement weather. The starting lineup was set based on 2018 Owner’s Points.
– As a result of winning the 2018 Owner’s Points, Custer started on the pole of the Rinnai 250.
– He finished second in Stage 1 to earn nine stage points.
– The No. 00 team started second and finished second in Stage 2 to earn nine additional stage points.
– Stages 1 and 2 were ran caution free.
– The Jacob Companies Ford Mustang started ninth in the final stage after a four-tire pit stop.
– Custer pitted while running sixth with 42 laps to go and ran fifth throughout most of the final stage.
– The No. 00 team pitted again after a late-race caution, restarted fifth with four laps remaining and finished a runner-up to race-winner Christopher Bell.
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Next Up: Boyd Gaming 300 at 4 p.m. EST on Saturday, March 2 from Las Vegas Motor Speedway broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
“The late-race restart was huge. I wasn’t going to have a shot at the win if it just went green. We had such a great short-run car that I was able to make a run there, but it just wasn’t enough. It’s a great start to the year with the Jacob Companies Ford Mustang and new crew chief, Mike Shiplett. We are going to be a threat all year. “