SHR DONATION POLICY AND GUIDELINES
Stewart-Haas Racing, LLC continues to be committed to supporting communities in their charitable efforts. We appoint best efforts to assist charities and nonprofit organizations through donation of memorabilia; Stewart-Haas Racing, LLC does not make monetary donations.
The following guidelines serve as the framework for fair and impartial distribution of items. Please note, organizations failing to adhere to the guidelines will be removed from donation consideration.
All requests must be made in writing on the organization’s official letterhead and mailed to:
Stewart-Haas Racing, LLC
Attention: Charitable Donations Department
6001 Haas Way
Kannapolis, NC 28081
All requests must be made at least six (6) weeks prior to charitable event date and include the requested information:
- Name, location and date of event
- Type of charity event (auction, raffle, etc)
- Beneficiary of charity event
- Contact Name, address and phone number of Beneficiary
- Organization’s tax ID number, if applicable
- Organization’s full address (no PO boxes)
- Description/Mission of Organization
- Estimated attendance of event
- Charitable Donation Requests must be made via mail; emailed and/or facsimile requests are not accepted.
- Following the organization’s event, the responsible party is required to complete and return the Stewart-Haas Racing, LLC Charitable Donation Record Form to the noted address within ninety (90) days of the event.
- Should Stewart-Haas Racing, LLC not receive the Form, future donations to the organization will not be practicable.
- Donated items will be at the discretion of Stewart-Haas Racing, LLC.
- Donation requests should be limited to two (2) per calendar year. Requests shall be sent to the attention of the Stewart-Haas Racing, LLC Charitable Donation Department only.
- Stewart-Haas Racing does not provide donations for decorations.
- Stewart-Haas Racing does not send donations to individuals or families.
- Submitting a donation request does not guarantee a donation. Receipt of a donation does not guarantee future support.
Sheet metal memorabilia policy: due to liability and expense, Stewart-Haas Racing, LLC does not ship sheet metal memorabilia at its own expense. Should recipient organization be interested, Stewart-Haas Racing, LLC may agree to ship sheet metal at the recipient organization’s full expense.
Stewart-Haas Racing, LLC’s Preferable Areas of Focus
- Educational assistance programs
- Youth organizations
- Foundations and charities of or relating to:
- Children with chronic illnesses and their families
- Drivers sustaining injuries in motorsport events and their families
- Military members and families
- Environmental tension issues
- Domesticated animal and wildlife issues
- Causes advocated by Stewart-Haas Racing, LLC’s sponsors and partners
Please note: due to the large volume of incoming mail, items do occasionally become separated from their envelopes and packaging. There are times when mail does not reach the appropriate destination. Stewart-Haas Racing, LLC is not responsible for communication that is missing, undeliverable, unreturned, damaged or mailed to the incorrect address.
Gene Haas Foundation Charitable Donations
The Gene Haas Foundation was established in 1999 by Gene Haas, who is president and CEO of Haas Automation, co-owner of Stewart-Haas Racing and owner of Haas F1 Team.
Haas believes in manufacturing, and the company he founded in 1983, Haas Automation, is America’s leading manufacturer of CNC machine tools. Haas’ commitment to American manufacturing led him to create his own foundation with an edict to focus efforts on manufacturing education, primarily in the form of scholarships for machinists and manufacturing industry engineers. Today, the Gene Haas Foundation awards scholarship grants to schools in the USA and Canada, with more than $50 million given to schools since its inception.
To apply for a manufacturing scholarship grant, please go to www.ghaasfoundation.org and fill out the application/questionnaire under GRANTS-Educational Institution. The instructor, along with the programs industry advisory committee, choose the students who are awarded scholarships.
For more information please email: [email protected]foundation.org
Tony Stewart Charitable Donations
The mission of the Tony Stewart Foundation is to provide grant funding to well-qualified organizations serving children who are critically ill or physically disabled; animals at-risk or endangered; and drivers injured in the sport of motor racing.
Please send all charity related requests to:
Tony Stewart Foundation
438 Southpoint Circle
Brownsburg, IN 46112
Tel: (317) 299-6066
Fax: (317) 299-6715
Kevin Harvick Charitable Donations
The Kevin Harvick Foundation was established in 2010 by Kevin and his wife, DeLana. The Foundation works to not only improve the quality of life, but to help underprivileged youth find and realize their dreams.
“There are many children who have dreams of becoming a race car driver, a policeman, a doctor or scientist, but don’t see a way to achieve those dreams,” said Kevin, “DeLana and I want to provide opportunities to children who might not realize their potential and give them the courage to pursue their dreams.”
For more information or requests please visit the website at http://www.kevinharvickfoundation.org/