Race Name: Rinnai 250 (Race 2 of 33)
Venue: Atlanta Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Date: February 23, 2019
Results: Cole Custer: 2nd | Chase Briscoe: 15th
– Cole Custer: 5th; trails points leader by 23 points
– Chase Briscoe: 14th; trails points leader by 48 points
Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started 28th and worked his way up to 12th in the opening 25 laps. He gained two additional spots over the next 15 laps and finished Stage 1 in 10th-place earning a stage point.
– The Nutri Chomps team gained two spots on pit road and started Stage 2 in eighth. Briscoe was shuffled back to 14th on the opening restart and finished eighth in Stage 2 to earned three stage points.
– Briscoe and the No. 98 team started fourth in the final stage after a four-tire pit stop at the conclusion of Stage 2.
– The No. 98 Ford pitted running fifth with 42 laps to go and ran sixth for much of the final stage.
– A cut right-front tire with 15 laps remaining forced Briscoe to make an unscheduled pit stop.
– A late-race caution allowed the No. 98 team to gain one lap back and finish the race in the 15th position.
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Next Up: Boyd Gaming 300 at 4 p.m. EST on Saturday, March 2 from Las Vegas Motor Speedway broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“At the end of every run we were really, really good and could make up a ton time. We just had a flat tire there at the end of the race that ruined our day. On paper I feel like we should have been in the top-five fairly easy, but we ended up 15th. I feel like we should be really good at Las Vegas, so we’ll head there and see what we can do.”