Race Name: B&L Transport 170 (Race 21 of 33)
Venue: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, OH
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Austin Cindric from Team Penske (Ford)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 7th | Cole Custer: 8th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 824 points; trails points leader by 105 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 703 points; trails points leader by 226 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer qualified fourth and would run there for the majority of Stage 1. He would spin out to avoid a wreck and would drop to 11th before finishing sixth in Stage 1.
– The No. 00 would pit at the stage end for four tires, fuel and a track bar adjustment. He would restart Stage 2 in 16th.
– A full-course caution would fly on lap 28 with Custer running 13th. Two more yellows would fly and Stage 2 would end under caution with Custer running 12th.
– The No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang would restart 10th at the beginning of the final stage. He would pit on lap 56 during a yellow flag. He would restart 9th with less than 20 laps left in the race.
– The race would not see another yellow flag and Custer would battle his was to an eighth place finish.
Next Up: Food City 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway on August 16th at 7:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang:
“I think we definitely had a car capable of winning today. We just didn’t really have much that went our way and it put us behind early. We made the right adjustments throughout the race and got the car where it needed to be, but didn’t have the track position to show.”