Race Name: B&L Transport 170 (Race 21 of 33)
Venue: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, OH
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Austin Cindric from Team Penske (Ford)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 7th | Cole Custer: 8th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 824 points; trails points leader by 105 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 703 points; trails points leader by 226 points
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe qualified fifth and maintained position for much of the first stage. Green flag pit stops by the leaders allowed him to take the lead and win Stage 1 to earn 10 stage points.
– The team pitted for four tires and fuel at the conclusion of the stage and started Stage 2 in 13th.
– Caution flew on lap 28 with Briscoe running 11th. Another caution would come out on the next restart and Briscoe would pit for tires and fuel rejoined the field in 27th. The stage ended under caution
– The No. 98 Ford Performance Mustang would start Stage 2 in the sixth position. He would gain one position before a yellow flag on lap 34. Briscoe would finish Stage 2 in fifth, earning him six stage points.
– Briscoe would pit during the stage break for four tires and fuel. He would restart 13th but would not stay there long as he jumped to ninth on the opening lap.
– Briscoe quickly advanced to fourth in the next 14 laps until the caution came out again on lap 214.
– The No. 98 would put on lap 49 for fuel only and would rejoin the field in 25th. A yellow flag would fly on lap 68 with Briscoe running sixth. He would pit for four tires and fuel.
– Briscoe would restart the race 10th before another yellow with seven laps to go. He would restart ninth and would gain two spots to finish seventh.
Next Up: Food City 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway on August 16th at 7:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“We had a loose wheel at the start of the last stage and that really set us back for the rest of the race. As a result, we just didn’t have the fresh tires when we needed them there at the end. I held on for as long as I could and luckily that was still good enough for seventh. We’ll take the top 10 and move on to Bristol.”