Race Name: LTi Printing 250 (Race 13 of 33)
Venue: Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, Michigan
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner:Tyler Reddick of Richard Childress Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 7th | Cole Custer: 12th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 510 points; trails points leader by 117 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 440 points; trails points leader by 187 points
Cole Custer / Jacob Companies Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer started from the sixth position and moved up to the fourth position by lap five. Custer would fall to eighth, where he would finish Stage 1, earning three bonus points.
– The No. 00 Ford started Stage 2 in the second position after only taking two tires at the stage end. Custer would finish second in Stage 2, picking up nine bonus points.
– The No. 00 Jacob Companies Ford Mustang started the final stage in second and would run there for the majority of the time.
– A late yellow flag flew with 50 laps remaining and the No. 00 team decided to stay out. Custer restarted second.
– Custer would take the lead by lap 95 and would lead the remaining of the laps before pitting on lap 115.
– The No. 00 Ford would fall to 12th where they would ultimately finish the race.
Next Up: Circuit City 2500 at Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa on June 16th at 5:30 p.m. EDT broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Jacob Companies Ford Mustang:
“We had the best car we ever have here at Michigan. The car was absolutely perfect and I felt like we had the best car all day but dirty air slowed us down at the beginning. Later in the race we were able to drive by the 20 and drive away from the field but we had to make a late stop for fuel which caused us to drop to 12th. I really wanted to win this one because we’re in Ford’s backyard, but we will learn from this and come back even better next time.”