Race Name: Ford Ecoboost 300 (Race 33 of 33)
Venue: Homestead-Miami Speedway in Homestead, Florida
Television: 3:30 p.m. EDT on NBCSN
– Cole Custer: Part of Championship 4
– Chase Briscoe: T-5th with 2,252 points
- Custer returns to Homestead-Miami Speedway as a member of the Championship 4 for the second-straight year.
- In his three appearances, Custer has led 46% of the possible 600 total laps (244 led out of 600).
- Through 32 races in 2019, the No. 00 has seven wins, 16 top-fives, 23 top-10’s and has led 907 laps.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has not had a car finish worse than seventh since the 2013 season. He has one win, three top-fives and four top-10’s.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Homestead.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
- Click here to watch Cole discuss the 2018 heartbreak and preview the 2019 Championship race.
Haas Automation, Inc., is America’s leading builder of CNC machine tools. Founded by Gene Haas in 1983, Haas Automation manufactures a complete line of vertical and horizontal machining centers, turning centers and rotary tables and indexers. All Haas products are built in the company’s 1,100,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Oxnard, California, and distributed through a worldwide network of Haas Factory Outlets that provides the industry’s best sales, service and support while offering unparalleled cost-to-performance value.
You’re back at Homestead and in the Championship 4. What can you take away from the 2018 race and use towards this year?
“In 2018, we had a great car and we were able to lead 95 laps during the race, but we struggled a little bit on the long runs. Tyler Reddick was able to get the top going and had great long run speed and he was able to make it work for him. I tried late in the race to get the top going, but I couldn’t get it going as fast as him and watched him just drive away. Feeling that heart break has us set on kill for this weekend so we don’t have to experience that again and instead, we can hopefully be the ones celebrating on the frontstretch, but it’s going to take a near perfect race from everyone, which I know we are capable of doing.”