Race Name: Ford Ecoboost 300 (Race 33 of 33)
Venue: Homestead-Miami Speedway in Homestead, Florida
Television: 3:30 p.m. EDT on NBCSN
– Cole Custer: Part of Championship 4
– Chase Briscoe: T-5th with 2,252 points
- During Chase Briscoe’s 2017 Truck Series campaign, he led 81 of 134 laps at Homestead-Miami Speedway en route to capturing his first-career truck series win.
- Briscoe has one career Xfinity Series start at the 1.5-mile oval with a finish of 13th in 2018.
- The driver of the No. 98 currently leads the Rookie of the Year standings in the Xfinity Series.
- Through 32 races in 2019, Briscoe has 12 top-fives, 25 top-10’s and an average finish of 8.4.
- The last time Richard Boswell was atop the pit box, he was crew chief for Cole Custer during the 2016 Xfinity Series season. They went on to finish on the lead lap in 17th.
- Click here for Briscoe’s career stats.
- Click here for Briscoe’s stats at Homestead.
- Click here for photos of Chase.
Ford’s racing program is part of the Ford Performance organization based in Dearborn, Mich. It is responsible for major racing operations globally, including NASCAR, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, FIA World Rally Championship, Virgin Australia Supercars, Formula Drift, and NHRA Funny Car and sportsman drag racing. In addition, the organization also oversees the development of Ford’s racing engines, as well as the outreach programs with all Ford Clubs and Ford enthusiasts. For more information regarding Ford racing’s activities, please visit www.fordperformance.com, www.facebook.com/FordPerformance, Ford Performance on Instagram and @FordPerformance on Twitter.
You came up one spot short of the Championship 4. How does that change your approach to this weekend?
“Obviously, it is disappointing to not be one of the four guys competing for a championship this weekend, but we are leading the rookie standings and still have a lot to race for. Homestead is one of my favorite tracks, because tires wear down quickly and you’ll see guys start running up close to the fence all the way around as the race goes on. We tested there back in August and were really fast, so I can’t wait to see how that speed transfers over to this weekend. We may not be in contention for the championship, but we are going to do everything we can to win the race and end this season on a high note.”