Race Name: Sport Clips VFW 200 (Race 24 of 33)
Venue: Darlington Raceway in Darlington, South Carolina
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 45 laps / 45 laps / 57 laps (147 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st | Chase Briscoe: 6th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 926 points; trails points leader by 136 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 829 points; trails points leader by 233 points
Cole Custer / Production Alliance Group Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer qualified third and finished Stage 1 in sixth to pick up five stage points.
– The No. 00 Ford Mustang started Stage 2 in fifth and would run there for much of the second stage.
– After a yellow on lap 53, the stage went green the rest of the way with Custer advancing one position to finish fourth and earn seven more stage points.
– Custer started the final stage in third after pitting for four tires, fuel and a trackbar adjustment.
– The No.00 Production Alliance Group Ford quickly jumped to second on the opening lap of the stage, but was running fourth when the yellow flag waved on lap 132.
– The team would pit and gain two spots on pit road to restart second for the 10 lap dash to the finish. Custer would ultimately cross the line a hard-fought second place.
– Following post-race inspection, Custer was declared the winner and was credited with his sixth win of the season.
Next Up: Indiana 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on September 7th at 3:00 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Production Alliance Group Ford Mustang:
“More a win that you see in the standings and everything. It’s cool that we won. You’ll take the trophy and the points and everything, but you want to win them. We want to be the first one to the start-finish line, but it’s cool to win it this way too. It’s all upside I guess than finishing second.”