Race Name: Sport Clips VFW 200 (Race 24 of 33)
Venue: Darlington Raceway in Darlington, South Carolina
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 45 laps / 45 laps / 57 laps (147 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st | Chase Briscoe: 6th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 926 points; trails points leader by 136 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 829 points; trails points leader by 233 points
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe qualified fifth and raced to fourth by the conclusion of Stage 1 to pick up seven stage points.
– The No. 98 Ford Performance team pitted for tires, fuel and trackbar adjustments and restarted Stage 2 in fourth.
– Fighting an extremely loose racecar, Briscoe would fall to eighth and finish the stage there to earn three more stage points.
– After pitting for tires, fuel and wedge adjustments, the No. 98 would start the final stage in 10th.
– Briscoe advanced up to sixth place before caution flag waved on lap 132 with 15 laps remaining. He would pit for four fresh tires to gear up for the final restart.
– Restarting 10th, Briscoe battled up to seventh over the next 10 laps and crossed the finish line in that position.
– Due to the race winner failing post-race inspection, the No. 98 was ultimately credited with a sixth place finish.
Next Up: Indiana 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on September 7th at 3:00 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“Darlington is a pretty cool place – I had a lot of fun today. As the race went on, we just kept getting looser and then I set us behind on that last pit stop. We have been really hitting our stride as a team and just keep getting better as we edge towards the playoffs. I just have to get better and minimize my mistakes and we’ll be in good shape.”