Date: May 25, 2019
Race Name: Alsco 300 (Race 11 of 33)
Venue: Charlotte (NC) Motor Speedway
Television: 1:00 p.m. EDT on FOX Sports 1
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 71 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th; trails points leader by 127 points
- Custer will make his sixth NASCAR appearance at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He has four previous starts in the NASCAR Xfinity Series and one start in the Gander Outdoors Truck Series.
- He has two top-five finishes in his four Xfinity Series starts at Charlotte with his best finish of second coming in November of 2018.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has 11 starts with two wins, three top-fives, and five top-10’s.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Headquartered in Southern California, Thompson Pipe Group is a manufacturer of reinforced concrete pipe and box, FLOWTITE® and other pipe solutions for storm water, water transmission, sewage, and industrial applications. Thompson manufactures pipe nationwide and is one of few American-owned companies with the ability to supply water/wastewater piping in the United States and Canada.
You’ve been strong at 1.5-mile tracks throughout your stint in the Xfinity Series. What would a win at Charlotte mean to the team since it’s a home race for everyone?
“Charlotte is one of the toughest 1.5-mile tracks we go to because it’s so line and temperature sensitive. To be strong in the race we will have to make smart adjustments following practice, which will depend on the track temperature and the high temps that we are predicted to endure.”