Date: May 4, 2019
Race Name: Allied Steel Buildings 200 (Race 10 of 33)
Venue: Dover (Del.) International Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 5th
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 335 points; trails points leader by 127 points
Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started seventh and finished seventh in Stage 1 to earn four stage points.
– The Nutri Chomps Ford started Stage 2 in eighth and finished seventh, earning Briscoe an additional four stage points.
– The No. 98 Ford started ninth in the final stage after pitting for four tires and fuel. He was shuffled back to 13th on the restart, but was able to advance back up to 11th.
– A caution with 47 laps to go allowed the team to pit for fresh tires and restart in 10th. The No. 98 raced up to the sixth position before another caution flew with 28 laps to go.
– Briscoe gained three positions on the restart and was running third when another caution came out with 19 laps remaining.
– The No. 98 ford would ultimately come home in the fifth position.
– Briscoe scored his eighth consecutive top-10 of the 2019 season.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“It seems like every race we have one really bad run before we are able to tune on it and get better. We were just really lucky and fortunate to have some good restarts there at the end to get “