Date: May 4, 2019
Race Name: Allied Steel Buildings 200 (Race 10 of 33)
Venue: Dover (Del.) International Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Cole Custer: 4th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 391 points; trails points leader by 71 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer started first, led every lap of Stage 1 and picked up 10 stage points plus one playoff point by winning the stage.
– The No. 00 Ford started first and led every lap of Stage 2 en route to the stage win. He would pick up 10 more stage points and one playoff point.
– Custer started first in the final stage before a yellow would come out with 47 laps remaining.
– The No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang would pit and restart second.
– Custer fell back to third before another yellow with less than 30 laps remaining.
– The No. 00 did not pit and would restart third. Custer dropped to sixth before driving back to a fourth place finish.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang:
“We had a really good car all day and we showed it by leading 155 laps. Track position is key here and we lost that with less than 50 laps remaining and restarting on the bottom is the worst here. Once we got stuck down there, it’s almost impossible to pass here so we couldn’t really do much after that.”