Race Name: Camping World 300 (Race 15 of 33)
Venue: Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill.
Television: 3:30 p.m. EDT on NBCSN
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 86 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th; trails points leader by 179 points
- Chase Briscoe has one Xfinity Series start at Chicagoland Speedway with a finish of ninth and one Gander Outdoors Truck Series start with a finish of second. He won the ARCA race at Chicagoland in 2016.
- The Mitchell, Indiana native currently has six top-fives, 11 top-10’s and owns an average finish of 7.6 during the 2019 season.
- Spotter Tim Fedewa has raced Chicagoland Speedway twice in his career with a best finish of 17th coming in 2004.
- Click here for Briscoe’s career stats.
- Click here for Briscoe’s stats at Chicagoland Speedway.
- Click here for photos of Chase.
Ford’s racing program is part of the Ford Performance organization based in Dearborn, Mich. It is responsible for major racing operations globally, including NASCAR, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, FIA World Rally Championship, Virgin Australia Supercars, Formula Drift, and NHRA Funny Car and sportsman drag racing. In addition, the organization also oversees the development of Ford’s racing engines, as well as the outreach programs with all Ford Clubs and Ford enthusiasts. For more information regarding Ford racing’s activities, please visit www.fordperformance.com, www.facebook/FordPerformance, Ford Performance on Instagram and @FordPerformance on Twitter.
You were victorious in the ARCA series at Chicagoland in 2016 and your first career Xfinity Series top-10 came there. What is it about Chicagoland that meshes well with you and what are your expectations for this weekend?
“For whatever reason, I have always had good speed at Chicago. It’s a rough and wide track so you are able to search around for grip. It is one of my top three favorite tracks, so hopefully I can continue my streak of good runs there.”