Race Name: Food City 300 (Race 22 of 33)
Venue: Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, Tennessee
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Tyler Reddick of Richard Childress Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 2nd | Cole Custer: 22nd
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 839 points; trails points leader by 139 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 742 points; trails points leader by 236 points
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe qualified sixth and maintained position for the opening 30 laps. Yellow flag flew on lap 36 for a multi-car wreck. The No. 98 sustained minor damage on the rear quarter panel and pitted for repairs.
– The team would pit three more times under subsequent yellow flags to finalize repairs and finish the first stage in 22nd.
– The No. 98 Ford Mustang would fire off from 12th for the start of Stage 2. Chase advanced five positions and finished the stage in seventh to earn four stage points.
– Briscoe pitted for four tires, fuel and a wedge adjustment at the end of the stage. He was charged with speeding on pit road and had to restart at the tail of the field.
– He battled back up to seventh place before caution flag waved on lap 221. He would pit for tires and fuel and restart in ninth.
– Gaining five spots, Briscoe was running in fourth when caution flew again with 20 laps remaining. He would gain two more spots on the final restart and finish second.
Next Up: CTECH Manufacturing 180 at Road America on August 24th at 3:00 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“We had such a good Ford Performance Mustang, I just didn’t fire off very good on that last restart. The last five laps it started coming to me and I felt like I was running him down, but it was too late. This one stings – you don’t get too many opportunities to win at a place like Bristol and I really think we had a car capable of doing it. All in all, we’ll take a second place and move on to Road America.”