Foxwoods Resort Casino 301
Aric Almirola WINS!
Date: July 18, 2021
Event: Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 (Round 22 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon (1.058-mile oval)
Format: 301 laps, broken into three stages (75 laps/110 laps/116 laps)
Note: Race reduced eight laps short of its scheduled 301-lap distance due to darkness.
Race Winner: Aric Almirola of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Stage 1 Winner: Ryan Blaney of Team Penske (Ford)
Stage 2 Winner: Brad Keselowski of Team Penske (Ford)
SHR Race Finish:
● Aric Almirola (Started 22nd, Finished 1st / Running, completed 293 of 293 laps)
● Kevin Harvick (Started 12th, Finished 6th / Running, completed 293 of 293 laps)
● Cole Custer (Started 21st, Finished 14th / Running, completed 293 of 293 laps)
● Chase Briscoe (Started 19th, Finished 27th / Running, completed 291 of 293 laps)
● Kevin Harvick (10th with 673 points, 201 out of first)
● Aric Almirola (23rd with 377 points, 497 out of first)
● Chase Briscoe (24th with 377 points, 497 out of first)
● Cole Custer (28th with 337 points, 537 out of first)
● Almirola’s victory in the Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 marked the 92nd overall win for SHR. It was the organization’s 66th points-paying NASCAR Cup Series victory, its first of the season and its sixth at New Hampshire.
● SHR won its first race at New Hampshire in July 2011 with former driver Ryan Newman. Its second win came with team co-owner Tony Stewart in September 2011. The other three wins came with Harvick in September 2016, July 2018 and July 2019.
● This was SHR’s milestone 30th NASCAR Cup Series victory with Ford. The team won its first race with Ford in the 2017 Daytona 500 with former SHR driver Kurt Busch.
● This was Ford’s 709th all-time NASCAR Cup Series victory and its fifth this season.
● This was Ford’s 17th NASCAR Cup Series victory at New Hampshire. The manufacturer won its first race at New Hampshire on July 10, 1994 with Ricky Rudd.
● This was Ford’s fourth straight win at New Hampshire and SHR is responsible for three of them. (Harvick won in July 2018 and July 2019.)
● Almirola’s margin over second-place Christopher Bell was .697 of a second.
● There were six caution periods for a total of 47 laps.
● Only 15 of the 37 drivers in the Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 finished on the lead lap.
● Denny Hamlin remains the championship leader after New Hampshire with a 13-point advantage over second-place Kyle Larson.
The NASCAR Cup Series goes on a two-week summer break as broadcast partner NBC covers the Summer Olympics in Tokyo. It returns to action on Aug. 8 with the Go Bowling at The Glen road-course race at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International. It starts at 3 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by NBCSN and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.