Event: Busch Clash (non-points race)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (2.5-mile oval)
Format: 75 laps, broken into two segments of 25 laps and 50 laps
Start/Finish: 10th/13th (Accident, completed 77 of 88 laps)
Race Winner: Erik Jones of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Note: Race extended 13 laps past its scheduled 75-lap distance due to a green-white-checkered finish.
● Clint Bowyer (Started 6th, Finished 3rd / Running, completed 88 of 88 laps)
● Aric Almirola (Started 5th, Finished 10th / Accident, completed 77 of 88 laps)
● Kevin Harvick (Started 10th, Finished 13th / Accident, completed 77 of 88 laps)
● Kevin Harvick started 10th and ran in the top-five for much of the first part of the event.
● The No. 4 Busch Light #Pit4Busch Ford Mustang pitted on lap 24 for four tires and fuel.
● He returned to pit road on lap 47 for fuel only.
● With three laps to go, Harvick was involved in a multicar accident on the front straight. The damage was minimal and Harvick was able to continue after minor repairs.
● On lap 77, Harvick was in the top-10, but was caught up in another multicar accident, which ended his day.
● The 18-car field was comprised of 2019 pole winners, former Clash winners, former Daytona 500 pole winners and 2019 playoff participants.
● A random draw determined the starting grid.
Kevin Harvick, Driver of the No. 4 Busch Light #PIT4BUSCH Ford Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“That is just the way it goes here. We are just going to go burn a couple hundred thousand dollars of the owner’s money, load them up in the truck, head home and try again next week.”
The Bluegreen Vacations Duel – twin 150-mile races that will set the rest of the Daytona 500 field – takes place at 7 p.m. EST on Thursday, Feb. 13 with live coverage on FS1. Speedweeks at Daytona then culminates with the 62nd running of the Daytona 500 at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, with live coverage provided by FOX beginning with its prerace show at 1 p.m.