Event: Zippo 200 at The Glen
Date: Saturday, August 5, 2017
Location: Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International
Layout: 2.45-mile road course
Kevin Harvick Notes of Interest
- FIELDS makes its debut with Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) as a primary sponsor with driver Kevin Harvick.
- FIELDS is an internationally recognized sports fields and parks master planning, pre-construction, construction, maintenance and operations organization headquartered in the greater Atlanta area. It provides end-to-end or single-source solutions to a wide range of clients who are seeking to address their sports applications needs.
- Harvick is making his fifth of six scheduled XFINITY Series starts in the No. 41 Ford Mustang for SHR in 2017.
- He finished fourth at Atlanta Motor Speedway in March, third at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth in April, second at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway in May, fourth at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta.
- Harvick has one win, one pole, six top-five finishes, seven top-10s and has led 80 laps in seven XFINITY starts at Watkins Glen.
- Harvick won the XFINITY Series race at Watkins Glen in August 2011 by 3.529 seconds over Jeff Burton.
- Harvick won the XFINITY Series pole at The Glen in August 2009 with a lap at 121.998 mph.
- His XFINITY Series career includes 46 wins, 182 top-five finishes, 254 top-10s, 25 poles and 9,444 laps led in 339 starts.
- Harvick will be joined Saturday by SHR teammate Cole Custer in the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang at The Glen.
Kevin Harvick, Driver No. 41 FIELDS Ford Mustang
“I can’t thank FIELDS enough for supporting me in NASCAR XFINITY Series visit to Watkins Glen. They came on to help me work on our road-course program this year and we got off to a pretty good start with a win in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West race at Sonoma. When we planned out our year we really wanted to focus on our road-course program knowing that Charlotte Motor Speedway is adding the roval next year in the playoffs. This allows us to do that and also bring on a partner in FIELDS that has worked with us through the Kevin Harvick Foundation and the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation parks that we’ve built over the last few years in Greensboro, North Carolina, in my hometown of Bakersfield, California and our most recent field in Vero Beach, Florida. It’s a chance for us to highlight their work and at the same time work on our program to always be improving another area of our race team.”
Richard Boswell, Crew Chief, No. 41 FIELDS Ford Mustang
You called Kevin Harvick’s race in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West race at Sonoma. Is there anything that you can take from that experience and apply to the XFINITY race at Watkins Glen?
“Yes. I think the biggest thing is in understanding how Kevin communicates when you’re turning left and right. That’s a big help. The FIELDS car helped me at Sonoma in understanding the communication, but also being there for the Cup race on Sunday allowed me to listen to (crew Chief) Rodney (Childers) and Kevin communicate as well. That’s the biggest thing that we’ll take away from our experience in Sonoma.”
How much have you been able to lean on Rodney Childers for information in preparing your XFINITY cars?
“He helps with pretty much anything we need. You know, he’s awesome and he helps a ton. If we have a question he is as helpful as he can be. If he doesn’t have the answer right away he does everything he can to get it for us.”