Event: Dover 400 (Round 30 of 36)
Series: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Dover (Del.) International Speedway (1-mile, concrete oval)
Format: 400 laps, broken into three stages (120 laps/120 laps/160 laps)
Start/Finish: 15th/14th (Running, completed 398 of 400 laps)
Point Standing: 18th with 730 points
Race Winner: Kyle Larson of Chip Ganassi Racing (Chevrolet)
Stage 1 Winner: Denny Hamlin of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Stage 2 Winner: Martin Truex Jr. of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-120):
- Daniel Suárez started 15th and finished 16th.
- During the first caution on lap nine, Suárez pitted from 17th for fuel, four tires and adjustments to help a tight condition on exit.
- On lap 12, he restarted 29th.
- The ARRIS driver made a scheduled green-flag pit stop on lap 82 for four tires, fuel and adjustments and returned to the track 17th, one lap down.
- During the Stage 1 break, Suárez pitted from 16th for fuel, four tires and adjustments to the front end on his ARRIS Mustang.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 121-240):
- Suárez started 21st and finished 16th.
- He was up to 18th on lap 177.
- Suárez pitted on lap 183 from 18th for fuel, four tires and more adjustments to help the No. 41 Mustang turn better.
- He returned to the track in the 18th spot.
- The race remained green for the rest of the stage and Suárez ended it 16th.
- Suárez pitted during the stage break for fuel, four tires and adjustments after reporting the front was tight and the back end was out of control.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 241-400):
- Suárez started 16th and finished 14th.
- The Mexico native was in the 15th position when he made scheduled green-flag pit stop on lap 316.
- As the long green-flag run continued, Suárez was in the 14th position with 50 laps remaining.
- The conclusion of the race remained under green, and Suárez finished in 14th.
- Suárez earned his 17th top-15 of the season and his sixth top-15 in six career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts at Dover.
- Suárez has never finished outside the top-15 at Dover.
- Suárez led one lap to increase his laps-led total at Dover to 22.
- Kyle Larson won the Dover 400 to score his sixth career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series victory, his first of the season and his first at Dover. His margin of victory over second-place Martin Truex Jr. was 1.578 seconds.
- There were three caution periods for a total of 17 laps.
- Only eight of the 38 drivers in the Dover 400 finished on the lead lap.
Daniel Suárez, Driver of the No. 41 ARRIS Ford Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“It was very hard to pass today at Dover. We obviously didn’t get the result we were looking for in the ARRIS Mustang, but we’ll move on to next week at Talladega. My guys are working really hard, and we still have races left to go and win.”
The next event on the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series schedule is the 1000Bulbs.com 500 on Sunday, Oct. 13 at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway. It is the fifth race of the 10-race playoffs and the second race in the Round of 12. It starts at 2 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by NBC and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.