Race Name: Go Bowling 250 (Race 27 of 33)
Venue: Richmond (Va.) Raceway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 75 laps / 75 laps / 100 laps (250 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Cole Custer: 3rd | Chase Briscoe: 5th
– Cole Custer: 2nd with 2,093 points; holds a 60 point advantage over the final transfer position to the round of 8
– Chase Briscoe: 7th with 2,050 points; with a 17 point advantage over the final transfer position to the Round of 8
Cole Custer / Go Bowling Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer started 12th, finished fifth to collect six points in Stage 1.
– The No. 00 Go Bowling team started fifth in Stage 2 and finished second to add nine points.
– Custer brought the No. 00 Ford to pit road for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment.
– The No. 00 Go Bowling Ford started the final stage in the second position and ran there for the majority of the final stage before falling to third with less than 15 laps remaining in the race.
– Custer scored his 14th top-five and 19th top-10 finish of the 2019
Next Up: Drive for the Cure 250 presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina at The Roval at Charlotte Motor Speedway on September 28th at 3:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Go Bowling Ford Mustang:
“I was worried after our qualifying effort but once we got going Mike Shiplett and the SHR guys made some good adjustments and got me to the front. We would start a run off tight and it would over rotate to where I couldn’t get on the gas as much as the other teams but we fought through that and had a great points day as we start the playoffs and head into the ROVAL.”