Race Name: Pocono Green 250 Recycled by J.P. Mascaro & Sons (Race 12 of 33)
Venue: Pocono (Pa.) Raceway
Television: 1:00 p.m. EDT on FOX Sports 1
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 103 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th; trails points leader by 151 points
- Custer will make his fourth NASCAR appearance at the “Tricky Triangle”. He has two previous starts in the NASCAR Xfinity Series and one start in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series.
- Custer has two wins, six top-fives and seven top-10’s while leading 406 laps throughout the 2019 season.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has 11 starts on top of the pit box at Pocono with one win, two top-five’s, 3 top-10’s and an average finish of 3.7 in the Xfinity Series at Pocono.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Pocono Raceway.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Through well thought-out equipment upgrade and investment, as well as a sharp focus on the highest level of customer service, FIMS Manufacturing continues to thrive and grow as a third generation machine shop. FIMS is a world leader in machining and machine solutions. Mike Facchini is the current President and one of the owners of FIMS. The company was started in 1962 by his grandfather and father and like most shops, had humble beginnings with a few key machines in a small area.
Pocono is different than everywhere we go, what turn do you try to set the car up for and what is it about the tunnel turn that makes it so difficult?
“It’s tough because you have to manage all three corners and you’ll fight something different through each one. I don’t think there’s one corner that you try to set the car up more than another. The tunnel turn is one of the most difficult corners because it’s so fast, bumpy and extremely narrow.”