Race Name: Desert Diamond West Valley Casino 200 (Race 32 of 33)
Venue: ISM Raceway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 45 laps / 45 laps / 110 laps (200 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Justin Allgaier of JR Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Results: Cole Custer: 2nd | Chase Briscoe: 8th
– Cole Custer: 4th with 4,000 points; Part of the Championship 4.
– Chase Briscoe: 5th with 2,252 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer started from the second position and would run there until a yellow on lap 14. He would restart second but would fall to third and ran there the rest of Stage 1. He finished Stage 1 in third to collect eight points.
– The No. 00 Haas Automation team came to pit road for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment at the conclusion of Stage 1 to correct a loose-handling condition.
– Custer started Stage 2 in second and would run third for the entire stage. He would finish Stage 2 in the third position earning himself eight more points.
– The No. 00 Ford would pit for four tires, fuel and a trackbar adjustment at the conclusion of the stage. He would restart first in the final stage.
– Custer would run third until a yellow flew with 83 laps remaining. The team pit for four tires, fuel and a trackbar adjustment. He would restart ninth as the top-eight would not take tires.
– The No. 00 would gain seven spots throughout the 78 lap green-flag run but would fall .500 seconds short of claiming his eighth win of the season.
– The No. 00 team is now locked into the Championship 4 race from Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Next Up: Ford Ecoboost 300 from Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 16th at 3:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
“I had to really save my brakes there during the final stage as the pedal started to get a little softer with each long run we had. Once we got to 15 laps remaining I figured it was time to forget about it and push forward. We gained almost three seconds on Allgaier once I started that and almost had the win but we came up just a little short. Mike Shiplett and the Haas Automation group gave me a good piece, the best car I have ever had here and I can’t wait to get to Homestead next week to battle for a Championship.”