Race Name: Desert Diamond West Valley Casino 200 (Race 32 of 33)
Venue: ISM Raceway in Avondale, Arizona
Television: 3:30 p.m. EDT on NBC
– Cole Custer: 2nd; trails points leader by 31 points; 52 points above cutoff line
– Chase Briscoe: 5th; trails points leader by 65 points; 18 points below cutoff line
- This will mark Custer’s sixth appearance at ISM Raceway. He has four straight top-10 finishes at ISM Raceway with a best finish of fourth coming in the Spring of 2019.
- Through 31 races, Custer has seven wins, 15 top-fives, 22 top-10’s and has led 903 laps.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has 12 starts at ISM Raceway with a best finish of fourth coming in the Spring of 2019 with Custer.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at ISM Raceway
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Haas Automation, Inc., is America’s leading builder of CNC machine tools. Founded by Gene Haas in 1983, Haas Automation manufactures a complete line of vertical and horizontal machining centers, turning centers and rotary tables and indexers. All Haas products are built in the company’s 1,100,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Oxnard, California, and distributed through a worldwide network of Haas Factory Outlets that provides the industry’s best sales, service and support while offering unparalleled cost-to-performance value.
You have a 52 point gap above the cutoff line heading into the final race before the Championship 4 race. Does that help with stress levels and confidence heading into this weekend?
“52 points is a great gap as we head into this weekend but it’s not something we can be comfortable with. If one of the guys below the cut line ends up grabbing a win, then I think we only sit 16 points ahead of Tyler Reddick and if we have a bad day or something happens early in the race, that could knock us out of contention. Our best bet is to just go into this race and get the Haas Automation car back into Victory Lane and control our own destiny. We had a really good car here in the Spring, one I think we were capable of winning with, so that is what our goal is for this weekend.”