Date: March 2, 2019
Race Name: Boyd Gaming 300 (Race 3 of 33)
Venue: Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Television: 4:00 p.m. EST on FOX Sports 1
– Chase Briscoe: 14th; trails points leader by 48 points
COLE CUSTER NOTES OF INTEREST:
Crew Chief: Mike Shiplett Spotter: Joel Edmonds
- Custer will make his sixth NASCAR appearance at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. He has one start in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, three previous starts in the NASCAR Xfinity Series and one start in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series.
- Custer earned a top-five finish in the NASCAR Xfinity Series at Las Vegas on September 15, 2018. Custer owns an average finish of 7.7 at the 1.5-mile oval.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett swept both NASCAR Xfinity Series races at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in 2018. His last three attempts have resulted in two wins and one second-place finish.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Las Vegas.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Haas Automation, Inc., is America’s leading builder of CNC machine tools. Founded by Gene Haas in 1983, Haas Automation manufactures a complete line of vertical and horizontal machining centers, turning centers and rotary tables and indexers. All Haas products are built in the company’s 1,100,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Oxnard, California, and distributed through a worldwide network of Haas Factory Outlets that provides the industry’s best sales, service and support while offering unparalleled cost-to-performance value.
The last three finishes for your crew chief, Mike Shiplett, was a second-place in 2017 and two wins in 2018 at Las Vegas. How much confidence does this give you going into the weekend?
“We had a really good start to the year in Atlanta, so that gives us a lot of confidence to feed off of to start the year. Mike obviously has a really good background at Las Vegas, so I think we can go there and be really strong, but at the end of the day we still have to hit all of our marks and do everything right to put the Haas Automation Ford Mustang into victory lane.”