Date: June 1, 2019
Race Name: Pocono Green 250 (Race 12 of 33)
Venue: Pocono (Pa.) Raceway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing with Fred Biagi (FORD)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st | Chase Briscoe: 3rd
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 473 points; trails points leader by -99 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 410 points; trails points leader by -162 points
Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started 12th and raced as high as eighth before a caution on lap 17. He came to pit road twice under caution for adjustments and restarted 32nd, but raced his way back to finish 12th in Stage 1.
– The Nutri Chomps Ford stayed out at the end of Stage 1 to started Stage 2 in third.
– Briscoe finished Stage 2 in fourth, earning an seven stage points.
– The No. 98 Ford started seventh in the final stage.
– Briscoe pitted for fuel only on lap 65 and raced up to the fifth position by the end of the pit cycle with 17 laps remaining.
– He continued his march toward the front and was racing in the third position when he stayed out under caution with seven laps remaining.
– The team restarted fourth and pushed Custer to the lead on the restart, but a late caution forced the race to overtime.
– The No. 98 Ford started the overtime on the front row, but ultimately crossed the finish line in the third position.
– Briscoe and the No. 98 team’s third-place result is their best of the season.
– Briscoe now has six top-five finishes and nine top-10 finishes through the first 12 Xfinity starts of 2019.
Next Up: LTi Printing 250 at Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, Michigan on June 8 at 1:30 p.m. EDT broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“We started there side-by-side on the last restart and I honestly thought that I beat him on the restart. Tyler Reddick is normally one of the best pushers in the series. (Christopher) Bell is normally really good at pushing too, but I don’t think he got the restart that the rest of us got, so I just didn’t quite have the push. I was just too tight honestly at the end. Even if I had the lead I would have been too tight to hold those guys off. Overall a really good day for Stewart-Haas Racing with Fred Biagi with Cole scoring the win and us running third. It was another weekend where we rebounded after a rough stretch of practice for our Nutri Chomps Ford. Now we go to Michigan and hope to get a little bit better. We’ve had speed and have been running top-five and top-three a lot, but we just haven’t quite figured out the last couple tenths we need to pick up the win, so hopefully we can find it here soon. Now we go to Michigan in Ford’s back yard looking for a win.”