Race Name: Ford Ecoboost 300 (Race 33 of 33)
Venue: Homestead-Miami Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 45 laps / 45 laps / 110 laps (200 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Tyler Reddick of Richard Childress Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Cole Custer: 2nd | Chase Briscoe: 3rd
Final Point Standings:
– Cole Custer: 2nd
– Chase Briscoe: 5th
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started fifth and won Stage 1 to earn 10 stage points.
– The No. 98 Ford Performance Mustang stayed out at the conclusion of Stage 1 and started Stage 2 in the lead. He would finish fifth in the stage and earn six more stage points.
– The No. 98 Ford came to pit road for four tires and fuel at the end of Stage 2.
– Briscoe started the final stage in sixth and was running fourth when he got into the wall on lap 122 and cut a right-front tire. Yellow flag would wave and the team would pit.
– He restarted 21st and advanced up to third before pitting on lap 161 under green for his final pit stop of the race.
– The No. 98 rejoined the field in ninth and quickly moved up to the third position where Briscoe would ultimately finish.
– With his third place finish, Briscoe earned NASCAR Xfinity Series Rookie of the Year honors.
– Briscoe ended the season with one win, 13 top-fives and 26 top-10s (tied for second-best all-time for a rookie).
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“I wish I could have raced the 2. I thought I was really, really good on the fence. I was pushing really hard on the fence and I got by Cole and I finally had clean air and I tried just getting a little bit more and I was already on the limit, so that kind of put us behind the eight ball, but we were able to drive back up and, honestly, that green flag pit stop just didn’t go our way. Me and the 7 and I can’t remember who else, but I lost so much time to the leaders that it made it almost impossible to catch them. Overall, I’m really thankful Ford Performance let me run this season. It was definitely a good year. I wish we would have had more wins, but we definitely had the speed to.”