Date: March 16, 2019
Race Name: Production Alliance Group 300 (Race 5 of 33)
Venue: Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st | Chase Briscoe: 5th
– Cole Custer: 2nd with 213 points; trails points leader by 7 points
– Chase Briscoe: 11th with 145 points; trails points leader by 75 points
Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started sixth and finished 11th in Stage 1.
– The Nutri Chomps Ford started Stage 2 in eighth and finished 10th to pick up one stage point.
– The No. 98 Ford started 10th in the final stage and raced as high as third with 30 laps to go.
– A caution with 26 laps remaining brought Briscoe to pit road for a four-tire pit stop.
– Briscoe restarted eighth after two cars opted to stay out and raced up to the fourth position with 15 laps remaining.
– The No. 98 Ford battled in the closing laps and finished in the fifth position.
– Briscoe scored his first top-five finish and third top-10 of the 2019 season.
Next Up: My Bariatric Solutions 300 at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas, on March 30th at 1 p.m. EDT broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“It was an awesome day for Stewart-Haas Racing and Fred Biagi with Cole (Custer) picking up the win at his home track. I feel like all weekend long we just got better and better. We probably lacked a little bit at the end, but overall I feel like we’ve gotten better and better each week. I know our day is coming. We just have to find a little more speed. I’m proud of all the guys on my Nutri Chomps team. This is a pretty cool place. I’ve never been here before, but I really enjoyed it and look forward to coming back.”