Driver, No. 41 Ford Fusion
Birth Date: Jan. 7, 1992
Birth Place: Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico
Residence: Huntersville, North Carolina
- The 2019 season marks Suárez’s third year in the elite Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, but his first with Stewart-Haas Racing. The 27-year-old made 72 NASCAR Cup Series starts with Joe Gibbs Racing in 2017-2018 before joining SHR.
- Scored first career NASCAR Cup Series pole on July 28, 2018 at Pocono Raceway.
- Made NASCAR Cup Series debut on Feb. 26, 2017 in the Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway.
- Won 2016 NASCAR Xfinity Series championship with three wins, three poles, 19 top-five and 27 top-10 finishes.
- In winning first Xfinity Series race on June 11, 2016 at Michigan International Speedway, Suárez became the first Mexican-born driver to win a NASCAR national series race.
- Has six career Xfinity Series poles, with first coming on July 4, 2015 at Daytona International Speedway.
- Won NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series race on Nov. 11, 2016 at ISM Raceway near Phoenix.
- Earned 2015 Xfinity Series Rookie of the Year title.
- Made Xfinity Series debut on April 25, 2014 at Richmond Raceway.
- Has three career NASCAR K&N Series East wins, with first coming on July 13, 2013 at Columbus Motor Speedway.
- Has 10 wins in NASCAR PEAK Mexico Series, with first victory coming on May 12, 2012 at Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez.
Getting to NASCAR:
Suárez’s racing career began in 2002 when he competed in go-karts in his native Monterrey, Mexico. He won the national championship in 2007 and received an invitation to compete in the Rotax World Championship. In 2008, he joined the mini-stock division – an official support series of the NASCAR PEAK Mexico Series.