Date: March 7, 2021
Event: Las Vegas 400 (Round 4 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Las Vegas Motor Speedway (1.5-mile oval)
Format: 267 laps, broken into three stages (80 laps/80 laps/107 laps)
Race Winner: Kyle Larson of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Stage 1 Winner: Brad Keselowski of Team Penske (Ford)
Stage 2 Winner: Kyle Larson of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
SHR Race Finish:
● Kevin Harvick (Started 1st, Finished 20th / Running, completed 266 of 267 laps)
● Chase Briscoe (Started 24th, Finished 21st / Running, completed 266 of 267 laps)
● Cole Custer (Started 20th, Finished 25th / Running, completed 266 of 267 laps)
● Aric Almirola (Started 28th, Finished 38th / Accident, completed 178 of 267 laps)
● Kevin Harvick (7th with 136 points, 51 out of first)
● Cole Custer (19th with 80 points, 107 out of first)
● Chase Briscoe (26th with 58 points, 129 out of first)
● Aric Almirola (28th with 41 points, 146 out of first)
● Briscoe was the highest finishing NASCAR Cup Series rookie.
● The Las Vegas 400 marked Briscoe’s fourth career NASCAR Cup Series start and his first at Las Vegas.
● There were six caution periods for a total of 30 laps.
● Only 14 of the 38 drivers in the race finished on the lead lap.
Las Vegas Quotes
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 41 HaasTooling.com Ford Mustang:
“That was not the day we were looking for. It was a struggle all day to find rear grip, and we couldn’t attack the corners the way we wanted to on entry and exit. We’ll do everything we can to improve our performance for the next one. We have a lot of season left.”
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 14 Ford Performance Racing School Mustang:
“It felt like every race so far I’ve learned a ton just throughout the race. Obviously I wish I could start the race kind of where I end, knowing what I need from a speed standpoint. I feel like I learned a lot today, and hopefully when we come back here it’ll help. It’s just hard with no practice to show up and go, but I feel like we made gains on it, and right now I feel that’s the most important thing.”
The next event on the NASCAR Cup Series schedule is the Instacart 500k on Sunday, March 14 at Phoenix Raceway. The race begins at 3:30 p.m. EST with live coverage provided by FOX and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.