Matthew Selby, a.k.a. ‘Slick’ and Brandyn Gritton, a.k.a. ‘Hot Rod’ Aren’t Scared of the Monster Mile
- Event: eNASCAR Heat Pro League (Round 3 of 14)
- Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
- Time/Date: 8 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, May 6
- Location: Virtual Dover International Speedway (1-mile, concrete oval)
- Distance: 70 laps (70 miles)
Where to Watch:
- Stewart-Haas eSports fields two drivers in the eNASCAR Heat Pro League – one for Xbox One and the other for PlayStation 4 (PS4).
- Matthew Selby, a.k.a. “Slick” (SHRe Slick 4), competes on the Xbox One platform, and Brandyn Gritton, a.k.a. “Hot Rod” (SHRe_HotRod_14), races on the PS4 version. Selby is new to the team in 2020 while this is Gritton’s second season.
- In the two eNASCAR Heat Pro League races held thus far, both Stewart-Haas eSports drivers have scored top-10 finishes in each race.
- Selby finished fifth in his first career eNASCAR Heat Pro League start April 22 at virtual Homestead-Miami Speedway and sixth in the series’ last race April 29 at virtual Watkins Glen International.
- Gritton finished sixth in the season opener at Homestead and seventh at Watkins Glen. He now has 11 career top-10s.
- This is the eNASCAR Heat Pro League’s first visit to virtual Dover International Speedway.
- Stewart-Haas eSports enters Dover seventh in the eNASCAR Heat Pro League championship standings with 72 points, 31 behind series-leading Chip Ganassi Gaming.
Matthew Selby, a.k.a. “Slick”, driver of the No. 4 Hunt Brothers Pizza Ford Mustang on Xbox One:
“Dover is named the ‘Monster Mile’ for a reason – very hard on equipment and drivers. Plan is to be aggressive all race in our Hunt Brothers Pizza Ford Mustang while being smart. In other words, out ‘Slick’ the competition and Miles.”
Selby is new to Stewart-Haas eSports, but he is not new to sim racing. The 17-year-old from Louisville, Kentucky, has been sim racing for 10 years, belying his status as an eNASCAR Heat Pro League rookie.
Brandyn Gritton, a.k.a. “Hot Rod”, driver of the No. 14 DEKALB Ford F-150 on PS4:
“We didn’t run Dover last year, but I believe we have a race-winning car tonight. Just hope we play the fuel mileage right, as fuel mileage has been what’s decided these races of late. But when it comes to speed alone, I believe we have the fastest PEAK Coolant & Antifreeze Ford Mustang, hands down.”
Gritton helped Stewart-Haas eSports win last year’s inaugural eNASCAR Heat Pro League championship, and he returned in 2020 to defend the team’s title. The 24-year-old from Kokomo, Indiana, led the league in wins (4), poles (7) and laps led (219) in 2019. Gritton’s victories came at Bristol Motor Speedway, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Daytona International Speedway and Phoenix Raceway.
- The eNASCAR Heat Pro League is the first-ever console-based NASCAR eSports league and it races on NASCAR Heat 4, the latest game in the NASCAR Heat franchise.
- The eNASCAR Heat Pro League features a 14-race schedule comprised of virtual racetracks from the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Gander Outdoors & RV Truck Series. The four-month schedule is divided into three, four-race segments, followed by a wild-card race before culminating with a championship race.
- Segment No. 1: April 22 NASCAR Cup Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway, April 29 Truck Series race at Watkins Glen International, May 6 Xfinity Series race at Dover International Speedway and May 13 Cup Series race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
- Segment No. 2: May 20 Truck Series race at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, May 27 Cup Series race at Talladega Superspeedway, June 3 Xfinity Series race at Iowa Speedway and June 10 Cup Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
- Segment No. 3: June 17 Truck Series race at Eldora Speedway, June 24 Cup Series race at Auto Club Speedway, July 1 Xfinity Series race at Road America and July 8 Cup Series race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- The wild-card race will be a Cup Series race July 15 at Daytona International Speedway with the championship race also being a Cup Series event on a TBD date at a TBD track.
- This is the second season of the eNASCAR Heat Pro League and Stewart-Haas eSports is the reigning champion after winning last year’s inaugural title.