Date: April 12, 2019
Race Name: Richmond 250 (Race 8 of 33)
Venue: Richmond Raceway in Richmond, Virginia
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st | Chase Briscoe: 8th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 333 points; trails points leader by 29 points
– Chase Briscoe: 8th with 255 points; trails points leader by 107 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer started fourth and finished third in Stage 1 to pick up eight stage points.
– The No. 00 Ford started third and finished firdst in Stage 2 to pick up an additional seven stage points and one playoff point.
– Custer started first in the final stage where he would stay for most of the stage.
– Two caution flags were thrown with 40 laps remaining and 32 laps remaining.
– The No. 00 came to pit road for four tires and fuel during the stop and returned to the racetrack in first.
– Custer would fall back into second on the restart with 28 laps remaining before moving back into the lead with 25 laps remaining, where he would finish the race.
Next Up: MoneyLion 300 at Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, Alabama, on April 27th at 1 p.m. EDT broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang:
“We didn’t have the fire off speed earlier in the day that we had hoped, but Shiplett and the guys worked hard on the car during our stops to get the car where it needed to be at the end. Track position was huge and our guys were able to get me out in the lead the last couple of restarts and that was huge. It feels good to come out of Richmond with our first short-track win and the Dash 4 Cash.”