Race Name: Zippo 200 at The Glen (Race 20 of 33)
Venue: Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, NY
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Austin Cindric from Team Penske (Ford)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 7th | Cole Custer: 8th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 789 points; trails points leader by 99 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 661 points; trails points leader by 227 points
Cole Custer / Go Bowling Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer qualified 13th but would start from the rear after going to a backup car before final practice.
– The No. 00 would work his way up to 14th by the end of lap six. A yellow flag would fly on lap 10 with Custer running 13th.
– Custer would pit for four tires, fuel and to clean debris off the grille of the car. He would restart 20th with less than five laps remaining in Stage 1. He would end Stage 1 in the 14th position.
– The No. 00 Go Bowling Ford Mustang would restart eighth at the beginning of Stage 2. He would pit on lap 34 during a yellow flag. He would restart 23rd with 4 laps remaining in the stage.
– Custer would finish Stage 2 in the 13th position. He would restart in the 9th position.
– The No. 00 would relinquish his third place running position on lap 57 to pit for four tires and fuel. He would cycle out to the 12th position.
– Late-race yellows would fly on lap 68 and 72. Custer would restart fifth on the last start. A near-wreck by the front runners would push him back to eighth, where he ultimately would finish.
Next Up: B&L Transport 170 at Mid-Ohio Sports car Course on August 10th at 3:00 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Go Bowling Ford Mustang:
“Our Stewart-Haas Racing with Fred Biagi guys did a great job at getting our back up car ready to race after an incident in first practice. I think we could have easily had a top-five but we never restarted in the correct lane and we had people spinning tires on restarts which put us back. The back up car was really competitive and as close to the primary as we could ask for this weekend.”