Race Name: Zippo 200 at The Glen (Race 20 of 33)
Venue: Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, NY
Television: 3:00 p.m. EDT on NBC
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 97 points
– Chase Briscoe: 7th; trails points leader by 232 points
- This is Custer’s third Xfinity Series start at WGI with a best finish of sixth coming in 2018.
- Custer has five wins, 11 top-fives and 12 top-10’s while leading 782 laps throughout the 2019 season.
- Mike Shiplett has six starts at the 2.45-mile road course with a best finish of third coming in 2016.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Watkins Glen.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
GoBowling.com is the destination for bowling fans and enthusiasts seeking news and information about one of America’s favorite pastimes and the nation’s number one participatory sport. With more than 67 million people taking to the lanes every year, GoBowling.com is a one-stop location where people of all ages can go to satisfy their love of bowling. Consumers turn to GoBowling.com every day to find bowling fun – discovering new bowling centers, tips and tricks to use on the lanes, event news and great deals at more than 1,700+ family-friendly bowling centers across the country.
We’re coming up on our first road course race of the year. What have you done to prepare for this stretch of races?
“This stretch of road courses is going to be tough. I ran the K&N race in Sonoma to help get my mind ready for road course season and we ran pretty well there so I am looking forward to getting to Watkins Glen. I will be spending some time in the simulator this week and I will watch film from the past races to ensure I am ready. We ran sixth here last year so we have a little to build on to make sure we are in contention for the win this weekend.”