Date: March 30, 2019
Race Name: My Bariatric Solutions 300 (Race 6 of 33)
Venue: Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Kyle Busch of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 4th | Cole Custer: 34th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 226 points; trails points leader by 42 points
– Chase Briscoe: 11th with 178 points; trails points leader by 90 points
Cole Custer / Jacob Companies Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer started seventh and finished fourth in Stage 1 to pick up seven stage points.
– The No. 00 Ford started fourth and finished eighth in Stage 2 to pick up an additional three stage points.
– Custer started sixth in the final stage before falling to eighth on lap 92.
– The Jacob Companies Ford returned to the top-five on lap 131 during a caution flag.
– The No. 00 came to pit road for four tires and fuel during the stop and returned to the racetrack in the fifth position after gaining two spots.
– Custer restarted fifth with less than 60 laps to go before being involved in a wreck with Brandon Jones on lap 133, ending his day.
Next Up: Alsco 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, Tennessee, on April 6th at 1 p.m. EDT broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Jacob Companies Ford Mustang:
“I got loose under the 19 car on the restart. You have to push so hard because it’s so difficult to pass here after a couple laps. You just have to get what you can get. I wasn’t having the best restarts all day, so I was trying to be aggressive there and pushed it too hard.”