Race Name: O’Reilly Auto Parts 300 (Race 31 of 33)
Venue: Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas
Television: 8:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN
– Cole Custer: 2nd; trails points leader by 11 points; 38 points above cutoff line
– Chase Briscoe: 5th; trails points leader by 49 points; 2 points below cutoff line
– Cole and Chase will be signing autographs at the SHR souvenir rig on Friday, November 1st from 4:45pm to 5:15pm.
– Both drivers will also be signing autographs at the FORD Display on Saturday, November 2nd from 3:30pm to 4:00pm in the Midway.
- Custer qualified third and won this race in 2018. In the Spring 2019 Texas race, Custer qualified seventh and finished 34th due to a wreck on lap 132.
- Custer has an average start of 5.6 and an average finish of 9.8. He has only finished outside of the top-five once in five starts at TMS.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has one win at Texas that came in 2016. His average starting position is 10.3 and average finish is 16.2.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Texas.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Headquartered in Southern California, Thompson Pipe Group is a manufacturer of reinforced concrete pipe and box, and FLOWTITE® and other pipe solutions for storm water, water transmission, sewage, and industrial applications. Thompson has offices in California, Louisiana and Texas, and is one of few American-owned companies with the ability to manufacture and supply water/wastewater piping in the United States and Canada.
You won this race last year to lock yourself into the Championship round and have only finished outside of the top-5 one time. What is it about this track that suits your style?
“Texas is a unique track now that both ends are completely different from each other. Your setup might work in one turn but be off in the next, so you try to get it as close to even as you can and then go from there. Track position plays a role here with the dirty air, but you are still able to make moves as the race progresses as long as you have the setup right with the car. We have hit on that in the past and will hopefully have that come back around for this race since we didn’t have any luck here in the Spring.”