Date: April 27, 2019
Race Name: MoneyLion 300 (Race 9 of 33)
Venue: Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Tyler Reddick of Richard Childress Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 4th | Cole Custer: 32nd
– Cole Custer: 4th with 338 points; trails points leader by 75 points
– Chase Briscoe: 7th with 295 points; trails points leader by 118 points
Cole Custer / Jacob Companies Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer started 12th and dropped to 26th to avoid a possible wreck in Stage 1, where he would finish in the stage.
– The No. 00 Ford started 14th and finished 12th in Stage 2.
– Custer started fifth before a yellow would come out with 47 laps remaining.
– The No. 00 Jacob Companies Ford Mustang would pit twice during the yellow to top off with fuel before going back green.
– Custer restarted seventh before another caution flag would come out on lap 85.
– The No. 00 did not pit and would restart fourth where he would run most of the final stage.
– Custer would be involved in an incident on lap 95, knocking him out of the race with a 32nd-place finish.
Next Up: Allied Steel Buildings 200 at Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware, on May 4th at 1:30 p.m. EDT broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Jacob Companies Ford Mustang:
“We had a really good car all day which was great because I’ve always seemed to lack a little speed on these bigger tracks. I thought we had put ourselves in a good position to miss the wrecks, but it just didn’t work out that way. We will go on to Dover next week to try and get the No. 00 into victory lane.”