Date: April 27, 2019
Race Name: MoneyLion 300 (Race 9 of 33)
Venue: Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway
Television: 1:00 p.m. EDT on FOX Sports 1
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 29 points
– Chase Briscoe: 8th; trails points leader by 107 points
- Custer will make his fourth NASCAR appearance at the 2.66-mile superspeedway. He has two previous starts in the NASCAR Xfinity Series and one start in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series.
- Custer has two wins, five top-fives and six top-10’s while leading 227 laps throughout the 2019 season.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has six starts on top of the pit box at Talladega with a career-best finish of seventh coming in 2018.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Talladega Superspeedway.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Jacob Companies, Inc. (Jacob), is a multifaceted construction firm with a focus on construction, development, design and technology services. Jacob provides clients with a wide range of services in the Design Build and Construction Management sectors of the construction industry. In conjunction with these services, Jacob self performs structural concrete, architectural and structural precast erection.
You’re coming off your first short-track win and to the biggest track on the schedule where you haven’t had the best results. What do you need to do at Talladega to have a chance to win?
“I’ve never been the best superspeedway racer, but it’s something I have been trying to get better at. I think the biggest thing is you’re going to have to be aggressive and be comfortable with making the big moves to stay up front. You have to avoid the Big One that tends to happen here, but if we can be aggressive and make the moves I think we can make, we will be right there at the end.”