Race Name: CTECH Manufacturing 180 (Race 23 of 33)
Venue: Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 10 laps/ 10 laps / 25 laps (45 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 7th | Cole Custer: 10th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 874 points; trails points leader by 135 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 787 points; trails points leader by 222 points
Cole Custer / Henry Repeating Arms Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer qualified fourth and raced to third by the conclusion of Stage 1 to pick up eight points.
– The driver of the No. 00 started Stage 2 in the seventh position, but made an off-track excursion shortly after the restart causing damage to the front of the No. 00 Ford Mustang.
– The team made two stops on pit road to repair damage to the front grill of the No. 00 Ford Mustang and fell one lap down to the leaders as a result.
– Custer finished Stage 2 in the 32nd position, trailing the leaders by one lap.
– The No. 00 Henry Repeating Arms Ford Mustang regained lead lap status on lap 43 and raced his way from the 26th position to 10th in the final two-lap dash to the finish.
– Custer scored his 15th top-10 finish of 2019. The finish also marked his third top-10 finish in three career Xfinity Series starts at Road America.
Next Up: Sport Clips Haircuts VFW 200 at Darlington Raceway on August 31st at 4:00 p.m. ET broadcast by NBC.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Henry Repeating Arms Ford Mustang:
“We had a really fast Henry Repeating Arms Ford, but just got in trouble there at the start of Stage 2. We had to play catch up and get our lap back from there. My car was really fast and we raced our way back through the field at the end, I just wish we could have raced for the win.”