Date: April 12, 2019
Race Name: Richmond 250 (Race 8 of 33)
Venue: Richmond (Va.) Raceway
Television: 7:00 p.m. EDT on FOX Sports 1
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 46 points
– Chase Briscoe: 8th; trails points leader by 101 points
- Custer will make his ninth NASCAR appearance at Richmond Raceway. He has five previous starts in the NASCAR Xfinity Series and one start in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.
- He has two top-10 finishes in his five Xfinity Series starts at Richmond with his best finish coming in April 2018.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has 11 starts with one win, two top-fives, and four top-10’s.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Richmond Raceway.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Haas Automation, Inc., is America’s leading builder of CNC machine tools. Founded by Gene Haas in 1983, Haas Automation manufactures a complete line of vertical and horizontal machining centers, turning centers and rotary tables and indexers. All Haas products are built in the company’s 1,100,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Oxnard, California, and distributed through a worldwide network of Haas Factory Outlets that provides the industry’s best sales, service and support while offering unparalleled cost-to-performance value.
You’re a part of the Dash 4 Cash this weekend. Do you race this track any different than you normally would or do you just go into it as another race?
“For the most part you’re going to go into the race with the same mindset of giving it 100%. I think the difference is at the end of the race when $100,000 is on the line, you might have to get a little more aggressive with the cars in front of you.”