Date: March 9, 2019
Race Name: iK9 Service Dog 200 (Race 4 of 33)
Venue: ISM Raceway near Phoenix, Arizona
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Results: Cole Custer: 4th | Chase Briscoe: 6th
– Cole Custer: 2nd with 121 points; trails points leader by 18 points
– Chase Briscoe: 13th with 81 points; trails points leader by 58 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer started the race in fourth and held steady until a caution with 13 laps remaining.
– He brought the No. 00 Ford to pit road for four tires and fuel. After restarting 11th, he finished 11th in Stage 1.
– The No. 00 team started seventh and finished seventh in Stage 2 to earn four stage points.
– The Haas Automation Ford Mustang gained two positions on pit road and started fifth in the final stage after a four-tire pit stop.
– Custer ran sixth early in final stage until a caution with 70 laps remaining. The team then came to pit road for four tires and fuel.
– Custer restarted third, but fell to tenth on the opening lap, before battling back into the top five with 28 laps remaining.
– The No. 00 Ford Mustang gained one more position in the closing laps of the race to finish fourth.
Race Winner: Kyle Busch of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Next Up: Production Alliance Group 300 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California on March 16th at 5 p.m. EST broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang:
“The car was really good there at the end of the race. I’m just frustrated as I felt like we would have had a shot at the win there, but we gave up so much on the restart that it was tough to get back. We had a really great car. It’s just a matter of keeping our track position.”