Date: March 9, 2019
Race Name: NASCAR Xfinity Series 200 (Race 4 of 33)
Venue: ISM Raceway near Phoenix, Arizona
Television: 4:00 p.m. EST on FOX Sports 1
– Chase Briscoe: 13th; trails points leader by 58 points
COLE CUSTER NOTES OF INTEREST:
Crew Chief: Mike Shiplett Spotter: Joel Edmonds
- Custer will make his 11th NASCAR appearance at ISM Raceway. He has four starts in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, three starts in the Gander Outdoors Truck Series and three starts in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West.
- Custer has one win, three top-five finishes, eight top-10’s and two poles at ISM Raceway. Custer owns an average finish of 9.3 at the 1-mile oval.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has recorded one top-five finish, four top-10’s and one pole at ISM Raceway.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at ISM Raceway.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Haas Automation, Inc., is America’s leading builder of CNC machine tools. Founded by Gene Haas in 1983, Haas Automation manufactures a complete line of vertical and horizontal machining centers, turning centers and rotary tables and indexers. All Haas products are built in the company’s 1,100,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Oxnard, California, and distributed through a worldwide network of Haas Factory Outlets that provides the industry’s best sales, service and support while offering unparalleled cost-to-performance value.
You finished eighth in both Xfinity Series races at ISM Raceway in 2018 , what do you need to do this weekend to get the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang into victory lane?
“Phoenix is a tough track to get a hold of because both ends of the track are relatively flat and differ from one another. If we can figure both ends of the track out, I think we will have a good shot at the win. We tend to qualify really well at ISM Raceway but we can’t seem to find that long run speed, but Mike Shiplett brings that expertise over to our team, so if we can put together that speed along with the little things this weekend, we will definitely be a contender.”