Race Name: Alsco 300 (Race 17 of 33)
Venue: Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st | Chase Briscoe: 5th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 689 points; trails points leader by 75 points
– Chase Briscoe: 8th with 531 points; trails points leader by 233 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer qualified in the fifth position and would run there for the majority of Stage 1 before finishing in the sixth position. He would earn five stage points.
– The team would pit at the stage end for four tires, fuel and a track bar adjustment. Custer would restart fourth.
– The No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang would endure through two cautions through Stage 2 before finishing in the third position, earning him eight more stage points.
– Custer started the final stage third as the leader would only take two tires on his stop.
– The No.00 would take over the lead on lap 111 and would lead until pitting on lap 150 for four tires and fuel. He would regain the lead on lap 155.
– Custer would go on to win his fifth race of the year after leading 88 laps in the final stage.
Next Up: ROXOR 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, New Hampshire on July 20th at 4:00 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang:
“Our car didn’t fire off very good to start the race while the sun was still up, but Mike Shiplett had the car set up perfectly for when the sun would go down. The last stage went green and had to make our final pit stop under the green flag so we really needed a good stop from our guys and that is what they gave us. They delivered on pit road and got us back out in front of the 20 car which was huge because it gave us the clean air that was needed to push ahead. It feels great to grab our fifth win as a team in 2019, but we have a lot more races to go in the schedule so we just need to really keep pushing forward like we have been.”