Race Name: Alsco 300 (Race 17 of 33)
Venue: Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky
Television: 7:30 p.m. EDT on NBCSN
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 81 points
– Chase Briscoe: 10th; trails points leader by 220 points
- This is Custer’s fifth Xfinity Series start at Kentucky Speedway where he holds a best finish of fifth (twice) along with one pole award in 2018.
- Custer has four wins, nine top-fives and 10 top-10’s while leading 694 laps throughout the 2019 season.
- Mike Shiplett has nine starts at the 1.5-mile tri-oval with one win coming in 2017.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Kentucky.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Haas Automation, Inc., is America’s leading builder of CNC machine tools. Founded by Gene Haas in 1983, Haas Automation manufactures a complete line of vertical and horizontal machining centers, turning centers and rotary tables and indexers. All Haas products are built in the company’s 1,100,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Oxnard, California, and distributed through a worldwide network of Haas Factory Outlets that provides the industry’s best sales, service and support while offering unparalleled cost-to-performance value.
Mike Shiplett has a good track record going into Kentucky Speedway. Does this give you a confidence boost going into the weekend?
“With Shiplett’s record, especially the last couple of years at Kentucky, it definitely provides a good amount of confidence that we will have a good car when we unload this weekend. I think we have shown that we are good at every type of track we have been to this year, but 1.5-mile tracks seem to really showcase our strength and how well SHR builds cars for these types of tracks. I look forward to getting to the track and showing what we have this weekend and hopefully we can keep our top-five streak at Kentucky alive from 2017 and 2018.”