Race Name: Kansas Lottery 300 (Race 30 of 33)
Venue: Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas
Television: 3:00 p.m. EDT on NBC
– Cole Custer: 2nd; trails points leader by 12 points; 36 points above cutoff line
– Chase Briscoe: 6th; trails points leader by 49 points; 4 points below cutoff line
- This will mark Custer’s fourth appearance at Kansas Speedway. He looks to turnaround his luck at the 1.5-mile tri-oval where he has a best finish of 19th.
- Through 29 races, Custer has seven wins, 15 top-fives, 21 top-10’s and has led 818 laps.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has five starts at Kansas Speedway with one win coming at this race in 2018.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Kansas.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Production Alliance Group is a premium live-event and creative development company. Passion for our craft has allowed us to work with top names and brands in both corporate and entertainment industries. We bring creative excellence and relevant execution to every opportunity, big or small. We engage and collaborate with our customers and industry partners…and together create experiences that move and impressions that last.
You’re coming off a win at Dover to a track that hasn’t treated you so well. What kind of mentality do you have going into this weekend after a strong run the last time you were on track?
“I think we need to go in the same way we have all year and that mentality is that we will have one of the cars to beat when we unload. All year we have had speed off the truck and that has shown in practice speeds along with our seven wins. If we keep our heads up at these tracks that haven’t been kind to us in the past, then our luck is sure to turn around at some point and our goal is for that to happen this weekend in Kansas. (Crew Chief) Mike Shiplett has a great track record here in the last three races as he won this race last year, along with finishing fifth (2016) and second (2017), so that will help our mindset as we head into this weekend.”