Race Name: U.S. Cellular 250 (Race 19 of 33)
Venue: Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Chase Briscoe of Stewart-Haas Racing with Fred Biagi (Ford)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 1st | Cole Custer: 29th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 760 points; trails points leader by 97 points
– Chase Briscoe: 7th with 625 points; trails points leader by 232 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer qualified sixth and would run fourth the majority of Stage 1 before a yellow flag on lap 44.
– The No. 00 would pit for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment. He would restart fifth and would gain three positions to finish second in Stage 1. He earned nine stage points.
– Custer would restart Stage 2 in second after not pitting. He would run around third until a yellow on lap 74. He would restart third and would finish Stage 2 in the fourth position, earning seven more stage points.
– The No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang would restart third in the final stage. He would run second the majority of the stage until a yellow on lap 151.
– Custer would be caught speeding on pit road and would restart 20th. He would gain seven positions before getting involved in a late-race incident on lap 161, ending his night in 29th.
Next Up: Zippo 200 at Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, New York on August 3rd at 3:00 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang:
“We had a good run going there before getting caught speeding on pit road. Mike Shiplett decided to have us come back down to pit road and put old tires back on, so we could save our new ones for a late yellow. We ended up getting caught in fluid or something but I lost the handle on the car and it ended our night early. I hate it for everyone at SHR but we will move on to Watkins Glen next week to get back on track.”