Race Name: US Cellular 250 (Race 19 of 33)
Venue: Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa
Television: 5:00 p.m. EDT on NBCSN
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 76 points
– Chase Briscoe: 7th; trails points leader by 244 points
- Custer has five starts in the NASCAR Xfinity Series at Iowa Speedway along with three starts in the Gander Outdoors Truck Series.
- He was the polesitter at the June 2019 Iowa race, led 59 laps and finished 2nd. This was his best career finish at the .875-mile track in the Xfinity Series.
- Custer owns one win at Iowa in the K&N Pro Series East back in 2013. He started from the pole and led all 150 laps.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Iowa Speedway.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Haas Automation, Inc., is America’s leading builder of CNC machine tools. Founded by Gene Haas in 1983, Haas Automation manufactures a complete line of vertical and horizontal machining centers, turning centers and rotary tables and indexers. All Haas products are built in the company’s 1,100,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Oxnard, California, and distributed through a worldwide network of Haas Factory Outlets that provides the industry’s best sales, service and support while offering unparalleled cost-to-performance value.
You won the pole and finished 2nd at Iowa back in June. What do you need to gain an edge on the 20 car?
“The June race was our best race I have had at Iowa since going there in the K&N Series back in 2013. We’ve always been strong here, but Christopher has been the guy to beat the last few years here. I think we hit on something in June that will carry over to the race this week to hopefully close that gap and give Iowa a new person to celebrate with in Victory Lane. It’s by far one of my favorite tracks, so it’s a place I can’t wait to get back to and hopefully we can finish one spot better this time around.”