Race Name: CircuitCity.com 250 Presented by Tamron (Race 14 of 33)
Venue: Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Cole Custer: 2nd | Chase Briscoe: 7th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 563 points; trails points leader by 86 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 470 points; trails points leader by 179 points
Cole Custer / FIELDS Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer started from the pole position and led every lap of Stage 1 until a caution on lap 45. Custer would pit for tires and would restart sixth. He would gain four spots and finish in the second position, earning nine stage points.
– The No. 00 Ford started Stage 2 in the second position after not pitting at the conclusion of Stage 1. Custer would finish the stage in second, earning nine more stage points.
– The No. 00 FIELDS Sports Ford Mustang started the final stage in second and would run there for the majority of the time.
– A late yellow flag flew with 34 laps remaining and the No. 00 team pit for tires and fuel. Custer restarted first.
– Custer would fall to second-place with 28 laps remaining and would stay there for the remainder of the race, finishing second.
Next Up: Camping World 300 at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois on June 29th at 3:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 FIELDS Ford Mustang:
“We had the second best car all day but we caught up a lot to the No. 20 car, who has been dominant at Iowa the last couple of years. We will take what we learned here and apply it to the Iowa race coming up in a month or so to see if we can ultimately catch the 20 car and surpass him for the win. The guys gave me a car I could battle with and my pit crew guys were able to get me out ahead of him with less than 40 to go, but no one was going to keep that 20 behind them.”