Race Name: CircuitCity.com 250 presented by Tamron (Race 14 of 33)
Venue: Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa
Television: 5:30 p.m. EDT on FOX Sports 1
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 117 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th; trails points leader by 187 points
- Custer will make his eighth NASCAR appearance at Iowa Speedway. He has four previous starts in the NASCAR Xfinity Series and three starts in the Gander Outdoors Truck Series.
- He has two top-five finishes in his four Xfinity Series starts at Iowa with his best finish of fourth coming in June of 2018.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has 9 starts with a best finish of third coming in June of 2017.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Iowa Speedway
- Click here for photos of Cole.
FIELDS, one of the Sports Fields Inc. companies, is the preeminent builder of fields and sports parks in the country. At FIELDS, we are committed to Building Sports Parks of Distinction. Our fields facilitate peak team performance, are constructed using the industry’s best resources, and embody the essence of durability, precision, technological innovation, service and quality. By combining the premium quality of our fields with the best in customer care, we create sports parks of distinction that wow teams, coaches and guests. We are truly setting the standard in today’s field construction and sports park construction business.
You’ve been vocal that Iowa is one of your favorite tracks on the schedule. What is it about this track that makes it so popular among drivers?
“Iowa is always a favorite for the drivers because it’s so wore out and rough, so you are constantly trying to find grip. You start around the bottom of the track, but eventually you end up around the top and that makes it fun for the fans and drivers. It creates multiple lanes and exciting racing.”