Race Name: 8th Annual Indiana 250 (Race 25 of 33)
Venue: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 30 laps / 30 laps / 40 laps (100 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Kyle Busch of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Cole Custer: 7th | Chase Briscoe: 8th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 965 points; trails points leader by 113 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 864 points; trails points leader by 214 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer qualified 11th and finished Stage 1 in fifth to pick up six stage points.
– The No. 00 Ford Mustang started Stage 2 in 16th, finished eighth to pick up an additional three points.
– The Haas Automation Ford started the final stage in the eighth position and was racing in ninth when the caution flag flew on lap 79.
– Custer came to pit road for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment and restarted in 12th on lap 84.
– The No.00 Haas Automation Ford stayed out under caution on lap 88 in the ninth position.
– An immediate wreck on the lap 92 restart between the No. 2 and No. 20 brought out the red flag.
– Custer restarted sixth with four laps remaining and lost one position in the closing laps to cross the finish line in seventh.
– Custer collected his 17th top-10 finish of 2019 and second top-10 finish three career Xfinity starts at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Next Up: Rhino Pro Truck Outfitters 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on September 14th at 7:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
“It was pretty frustrating the way the last couple restarts played out. We just couldn’t get anything to go right. The last one the No. 22 checked up and the No. 39 hit him right in front of us, so it was just frustrating. I thought we had a really good car and should have been up there battling for the win, but it just didn’t work out. We’ll take it. We had a fast car like we do almost every week and we’ll go to Las Vegas next week and compete. We don’t race like this every week and I’m confident we’ll be better next week.”