Race Name: Use Your Melon Drive Sober 200 (Race 29 of 33)
Venue: Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware
Television: 3:00 p.m. EDT on NBCSN
– Cole Custer: 2nd; trails points leader by 10 points; 71 points above cutoff line; Clinched a spot in the Round of 8.
– Chase Briscoe: 6th; trails points leader by 46 points; 35 points above cutoff line
- Custer qualified on the pole and led 155 of 200 laps during the May race at Dover. He went on to finish fourth.
- Custer has an average start of 12.8 and an average finish of 6.2. He has only finished outside of the top-10 once in five starts at DIS.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has one win at Dover that came in 2017. The team led 137 laps of the possible 200.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Dover.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Production Alliance Group is a premium live-event and creative development company. Passion for our craft has allowed us to work with top names and brands in both corporate and entertainment industries. We bring creative excellence and relevant execution to every opportunity, big or small. We engage and collaborate with our customers and industry partners…and together create experiences that move and impressions that last.
You qualified on the pole and led the most laps at this track in May. What confidence does that give you leading into this weekend and will you be trying anything new since you’re already locked into the round of 8?
“We had a great race going at Dover last time but track position and what groove you restart in matters a lot more here than other places. We got shuffled to second on the last restart and that hurt any chances we had at winning the race. We will go to the track the same way we did in May because if we win here, then that gives us five more playoff points that we can use the rest of the season, which never hurts.”